A child will be eligible for admission to a nursery class in Kilnwood Vale Primary School from the term after they turn 2 years old. Admission will be subject to an application being made and places available.
We propose to operate:
- part time sessions of 3 hours a day (FEET/FEE) five days per week either morning or afternoon
- sessions of 2 and a half days per week (FEET/FEE) (2 x 6 hour full day and 1 x 3 hour half day)
- 5 full days with 2 and a half days per week funded (FEET/FEE) and two and a half days to be funded by the parent or carer. (Please check eligability as some families may qualify for 30 free hours per week for 38 weeks.)
The admission of Nursery children is delegated to the Governing Body of Kilnwood Vale Primary School by the Board of Trustees of GLF Schools.
When the Nursery is over-subscribed, the Governors will consider applications in accordance with the following criteria set out in priority order. Length of time on any waiting list will not be taken into account.
When is my child eligible for free entitlement?
All 3 and 4 year olds are eligible the term after they become 3 years of age.
A child born on or between:
- 1 April and 31 August - will become eligible for a free place from 1 September following their third birthday
- 1 September and 31 December - will become eligible for a free place from 1 January following their third birthday
- 1 January and 31 March - will become eligible for a free place from 1 April following their third birthday.
Eligible working parents wishing to access the extended free entitlement can only do so the term after receiving confirmation of their eligibility and should apply for this a term in advance.